Why is this page important?
People riding bicycles are vulnerable, we cannot wait for a "fender-bender" to cite a driver. A car that brushes a bicycle or person on the bike will likely severely injure the person. A scratch or dent on a car is not the same as a broken leg, collar bone, head injury or death. Anyone who chooses to operate their motor vehicle unsafely around people riding bicycles is negligent and should be cited before injury or death is caused. A database should be built to track people who repeatedly operate unsafely around bicyclists. This database in conjunction with stricter laws protecting the vulnerable road users (including pedestrians and bicyclists) is necessary to change the current culture and behavior.
- 2019-03-26 08:15
- Champagne Nissan Altima
- Honked at me to speed up in a school zone at Fairland Elementary
- Passed me on the right shoulder as I was normally accelerating on Briggs Chaney Rd right after we both made a left from the light that just turned green for us.
- Didn’t make it to much faster than me to the old Columbia Pike in your section, which is where this photo comes from.
- MD 3DM6895
- 2015-05-22 18:00
- Dark colored, older model 2-door Honda Accord (plates from FL) with dark tinted windows who lives at 14312 Perrywood Dr, Burtonsville, MD 20866
- you decided to pass me on southbound Old Columbia Pike just before the Perrywood Drive roundabout as you pulled and raced right into oncoming traffic all while I was taking the lane so you wouldn't pass as the shoulder was disappearing.